May 15, 2011

Start Writing!

Atul,

First of all don't squish me because of the title! I know you - 'have been' (and in all probability still 'are') reaaally busy.

I hate to bother you, but after coming to the USA my general knowledge is hitting an all time low (Rock Bottom - and i thought i was bad when i was in India!).All I essentially come across is the headlines and some facebook discussions here and there. On that note thanks to fb i'm really up to date with IPL and Dhoni. I haven't seen a newspaper apart from the FSU Newsletter, which is neither interesting nor informative unless you want to run for sorority queen or hold a congressional position. There is also the fact that "I am a CS Major" (the sad truth!) - those 5 words are pretty self-explanatory!

I really miss the conversations we used to have. I could talk about anything and everything with you and it was always a learning experience (be it talking about Obama, Lalu Prasad Yadav, nanotechnology, cloud computing or Chatpata's pav bhaji!! :-) ) So much has happened Osama died, Hosni Mubarak was overthrown, Microsoft bought skype (sad day for the world, i must say!), Assembly elections in India...

I urge you to take time off and post in this blog... i want my walking newspaper, encyclopedia, dictionary put together back! :-)


2 comments:

  1. Dear Mrudula,

    Accessed internet after full 2 months!!! Will get back to Kanpur by July 21 and will start writing. Osama's death and Jasmine revolution are on the list so are the rise of Didi and Amma in the assembly elections...Anna Hazare and Baba Ramdev will also find a mention...I have lot to write but pinned for time....there are other issues as well and I would need your help as well......


    Till my next post:


    Keep writing...keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great...can hardly wait!! :-)

    Atul, recently i've been bombarded with various questions about GRE, TOEFL and MS in the US by our juniors and some others as well. I intend to devote some space in the blog to post few threads on the same and encourage discussions here...serves the dual purpose of participation and prevention of email inbox clogging :P

    I have people asking me a lot of doubts on CAT too...but i don't know if you have the time for it though you have the enthusiasm. For now i have other people answering their questions...

    What do you say?

    ReplyDelete